Family farm for over 100 years.
Maude’s Place is a division of Chestnut Row Farm, which began in 1846 with William H. Voorhees. For many years the family lived off the land, taking wheat to the mill to trade for flour, and during the depression selling eggs and broiler chickens to endure the hard times. In the 1960’s and 70’s the family crop farmed and raised pigs. In 2000, the fourth great-granddaughter to William purchased the farm to continue the family legacy.
Upon purchasing the farm, the Francoeur family began a small beef cattle and hay operation, and since has added pigs. In the fall of 2013, the family erected a hoop house, and began growing vegetables to sell at a roadside stand.